Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fortune Cookie

I had Chinese Food for the first time in a long time the other night

Call me superstitious, but for as long as I can remember I really have built up the fortune cookie moment of the meal.

Its a very simple tradition

The waiter drops a handful of fortune cookies onto the table along with your check. You grab one and crack it open, and inside you find what could be a tiny piece of paper of hope/fun or a tiny piece of paper that will let you down.


what cookie to choose????
its the risk you take


For me the fortune cookie is almost magical. Not that I really put my faith in a cookie, but its a fun gesture to think what the paper reads could come true.

The cookie i selected read;

Your independence shall lead you to new adventures

Not a bad fortune to set the tone for 2011. I like to think this will be the year of adventures!

Cheers to my independent self and the New Year (20 days later...=)

1 comment:

  1. definitely a year for adventures! excited for your 2011!

    the other night, jeremy's fortune cookie said "learn to play golf." :)

    ReplyDelete