Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm here!

It's day 4 and here i am in cali! Tomorrow is the first day of work, but i will try to answer as many questions as i can right now....

Where do you live?
325 Waterview St,
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
no joke, the beach is a 10min walk away. You walk up and down a hill and you are there.
YES, this is the address you can send me letters, packages, stl things that i can not find in LA, etc. Help me be the cool roommate that gets mail ;)

Who do you live with?
i live with 15 other people = 16 total!!!! Yep, it's the toms version of the real world. We live together and We work together. Everyone comes from all over the country and one intern comes from Australia!!

When do you work?
We work M-F, 10-6. Our first day is tomorrow so i will know more about what my exact job/duties will be while i am here.

Does it suck not having a car?
Yes it does. Out of all of us we have 6 drivers, so we're getting out and about, but besides the beach not much fun stuff is in walking distance. I'm in the process of getting a bike from our wonderful family friend Susan, so that will help to not feel 15 and i'll be able to ride the beach bike paths to Santa Monica and Venice.

How is the weather?
It's perfect. The first night it was a little chilly and i was wearing a coat. But since friday it's been over 75 each day.

What have you been doing and why are you not calling people back?
i've been keeping busy settling in and getting to know all of my roommates over the past couple of days. TOMS took us out to dinner our first night here and our 2nd night all the interns went out to a bar in Venice.
I also have just been leaving my phone in my room and forgetting to bring it with me. I'm a little bummed right now that as i type this the golden globes are on in st louis but i have to wait 2hrs for them to start in LA. Ironic, since they are being taped 30min away.

Besides that, LA is pretty great.

I miss everybody...a lot.
I had a little freak out on the plane when i was coming here that this is not a vacation and that i really have to build a little life here. I wish i could be sharing this with so many of you all, but hopefully you can get a good idea of what i am up to with the help of this blog and pictures i'll try to post up.

More to come very soon....

5 comments:

  1. Wow...that was a heck of a 4 day recap!
    Best of luck on your 1st day at work and keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Emma! I love that you're doing this.

    So, what are your duties?

    On a side note, will riding your bike around town make you feel like you're NOT 15? As I recall the bike is the primary mode of transportation at 15. But maybe you're saying that it beats bumming rides?

    What do you think about the results of the Golden Globes?

    This is a great start for your new blog! I'm excited for more pictures and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sweet! Thanks for keeping me entertained at work. I really like the graphic you did, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tally ho! my little chaiwallah!

    ReplyDelete