Monday, July 4, 2011

Portland, OR

My Summer US tour continued up to Portland this weekend.
To sum it up, I was spoiled.
The weather could not have been better. For months all my friend Shamus has talked about is how much it rains.
Not one drop the whole time I was there. It was sunny and in the high 70's everyday.

Portland was the perfect long weekend get away. I think it could be one of the prettiest cities I have ever been to. There was never a bad view and I loved the architecture of the homes and buildings. Whatever I thought the city was going to be like, I was wrong and so pleasantly surprised.

A few pics from the many I took...

I spent a good 3hrs at Powells books. Time flies when you have rows of books to look at and a good section of greeting cards to read.

Shamus and I had lunch at Portland City Grill. The restaurant is located on the 30th floor of a downtown building and has great views of the city and mountain range every direction you look.

Visited Pittock Mansion

Went to Multnomah Falls

Hiked (almost) to the top of the falls = another great view

Went to visit Nikes World Headquarters where Shamus works

Lived out my 80s's child dream and went to Cannon Beach/the rock from the Goonies

Did not meet one Oregon Brewery Beer I did not like...

Made two trips to Washington Park Rose Gardens

Portland Blues Fest down at the Harbor

Last beer and last pic before the end of the trip

I'll post the rest of the pics to facebook when I get a chance. Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment