Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Favorite Holiday

This will be my first 4th of July EVER that I will not not be in St Louis/Webster Groves.

My life long streak of 4th July traditions has come to an end.

A huge part of me believes that STL/Webster is the only place in the world that does 4th of July right. Its magical and I wish everyone in the world could experience the wonderful charm of the 4th in my hometown.

Since I will be making a return back to St Louis for Labor Day, I thought two trips in one summer was a bit much. So I am heading to Portland tonight to visit my friend Shamus. I figure I can be in denial while in another city that is not LA.

I'm VERY excited about my trip, BUT, The Webster parade, Gore Ave BBQ's, the Leverenz loft party, and the Arch fireworks will be missed. Very missed.

I promise, I will find a Budweiser somewhere to toast everyone celebrating back at home.

Happy 4th of July to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment