Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Carmageddon Eve!

We are hours away from LA shutting down the busiest highway in America!

11 miles of Interstate 405 — the north-south spine of the West Side of Los Angeles, which carries 500,000 cars every weekend over the Sepulveda Pass into the San Fernando Valley — is going to shut down for 53 hours, from late Friday night to early Monday morning.

All week I have been passing sign after sign warning drivers that the highway will be closing and to expect BIG delays. Basically, they are urging an entire city that lives in their cars to not drive anywhere for the entire weekend...yeah right.

I'm interested to see if Google Maps will invent a new color for how bad the traffic will be, maybe the streets will just be black???

I also find it Ironic that I'll pass billboards like this...


And then pass these billboards...
Its as if Harry Potter is warning all of LA that Carmageddon will be the end of LA...at least for the weekend.

I'm preparing for Carmageddon and packing up a suitcase to stay with friends west of the 405 for the weekend. I figure if the 405 turns into the Berlin Wall of stand still traffic, I may as well be on the side with the beach for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment