Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Charity Water

Thanks to living in LA and working for TOMS I learn about more and more great organizations and non profits every day.

I had head of Charity:Water, but not till a few weeks ago did I really learn about Charity:Water.
I was able to help out with a house party to help educate and raise support for this organization. Such a great night to be able to be apart of this presentation and to meet the founder, Scott Harrison.

Charity: Water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developin
g nations. Right now, almost a billion people on the planet don’t have access to clean, safe drinking water. That’s one in eight of us. The presentation and the testimony from the man that started this non-profit just blew me away.

Click on the link below and you will find so much more information about this group;
http://www.charitywater.org/

Also fun fact: A Mizzou friend, Chris Schomaker and his wife Mo Scarpelli, work for Charity Water at their HQ in NYC! Small World...

No comments:

Post a Comment