Let me start off by saying, I hate guns.I really don't understand why anyone needs to own a gun unless they are needed for your job.
BUT the idea of going to a gun range always seemed interesting.
The invitation to go to a shooting range was presented a few months ago by a friend, who does own guns because of his job. I figure if I was ever going to go and do this, I may as well go with someone who is trained and could teach me how to fire a gun correctly.
First off, gun ranges are bizarre. You walk into a room with 20 booths of people firing LOADED guns. The room is loud and there are gun shells all over the floor.
I was given a quick lesson on holding a gun and then was given the chance to fire at the target. I can't think of the last time I was this shaken up. I would literally have to try to take a breath between each shot.
Holding a loaded gun was a terrible feeling. Even after a couple of rounds I could not get comfortable with the gun in my hands and decided my day at the gun range was done.
I'm glad to say this will not be a new hobby, but at least I gave it a shot...eh??
No comments:
Post a Comment