If i could blog about the past week of work I WOULD! But i signed my life away that I would not share TOMS news till it breaks, so you will have to wait to hear about the BIG BIG things happening for the company of TOMS.
Many of you know today is my favorite day of the year...OSCAR DAY!! Lucky me to finally be in the hometown of the award show.
I rode my bike down the coast today to check out the Spirit Awards and was able to see Mickey Rourke, Anne Hatheway, Alec Baldwin, Claire Danes, etc. go by into the white tent on the beach.
I thought it would be a lot
As fun as it is to see the hype of the Oscars around town for the past couple of days, the best spot to be on this night is still at my parents house in webster.
I love telling people how much fun this night is and how it's been my favorite family tradition since i was a kid.
My parents go all out preparing themed food to go along with their favorite movie (for example, indian food =
I'm not kidding when I say the house gets intense on who has the most correct pics. My main goal is to just beat my dad, but everyone that attends really does their homework by seeing all the movies and reading up on movie magazines/web articles the week before.
To guarantee i make the STL time deadline (and to stop my parents from calling/emailing me to make sure i give them my pics) I am posting them on the blog.
Lets see how many I get right this year...
BEST PICTURE
"Slumdog Millionaire"
No brainer...LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie and it will be a HUGE upset if it does not win.
BEST ACTRESS
Kate Winslet, "The Reader"
She is way over due to win, even if i don't think its her best role, she's good in everything
BEST ACTOR
Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler"
Ahh, Its a toss up between Sean Penn and Mickey, but I was so taken with this performance and the story of his character.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Viola Davis, "Doubt"
I could very well get this wrong by not going with Penelope Cruz, but i don't think it was a typical Oscar winning performance and Viola Davis stole the movie with her main scene with Meryl Streep.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"
like anybody else in this catagory even has a chance
BEST DIRECTOR
Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire"
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Dustin Lance Black, "Milk"
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire"
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
"Waltz with Bashir" (Israel)
BEST ANIMATED FILM
"WALL-E"
BEST ART DIRECTION
"The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button"
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
"Slumdog Millionaire," Anthony Dod Mantle
BEST FILM EDITING
"Slumdog Millionaire," Chris Dickens
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
"The Duchess," Michael O'Conner
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
"Man on Wire"
BEST ORIGINAL SONG
"Slumdog Millionaire," "Jai Ho"
can not wait to see this be performed on the kodak stage...i want everybody to be out of there seats dancing!
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
"Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman
BEST MAKEUP
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,"
BEST SOUND EDITING
"The Dark Knight"
BEST SOUND MIXING
"The Dark Knight"
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT FILM
"The Pig"
BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM
"Presto"
BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM
"Smile Pinki
No comments:
Post a Comment